I think every new private pilot should be given an expectations talk. I hear about private students no showing lessons, or not going to ground school classes. I think these students would benefit most from hearing what is expected of them if they want to become a safe, and possibly professional pilot. During a first lesson talk I would keep things broad, and big picture. The student needs to show up on time, and be prepared for each lesson. I would think of the talk as expectations for completing the rating. I expect them to work hard until completion. The student needs to know that this training is up to them. They need to take it seriously, but know that I am not going to spoon feed them everything they need to know. There will be lots of things they need to study and learn on their own. I will always be there to answer any questions. The student will be sent home after each lesson with new material to study in preparation for the next lesson. I expect them to come to the next lesson prepared, and with any questions.
I would like to hear from the student what they expect to get out of the training? What do they expect of me?
Before each lesson the student should be told what is expected, and what it takes for them to pass the lesson. Expectations other then that I would leave for a time when it is more pertinent.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment